(2) new four-letter
(3) word in town,
(5) one you should be wary
(8) about adding to your daily vocabulary. you most
(13) likely use it more often than you realize, it is sneaky that way.
(21) and although it’s not as disruptive as say a like or an Uhm, it can cause irreparable damage to your life.
(34) it’s the kind of word, if not used carefully, that can wreak havoc over your existence. its overuse creates disdain in others. its utterance makes you more susceptible to bad habits and ill decisions.
(34) you may find yourself being pulled in all sorts of directions, not all of them familiar or comfortable. sometimes the path will be lonely, and you may find yourself completely unrecognizable at the end.
(21) and what of that person who emerges from the fog after a battle of sheer wits and exhaustion for leading life
(13) without regard for other people’s boundaries, for claiming time as their own?
(8) time belongs to us all, does it not?
(5) Would you consider being honest,
(3) with yourself about
(2) how busy
Note: This poem is written in a Fibonacci sequence, logical math and Nature’s numbering system.
Oh, Finn, you bewitch me as you vanish out the door on a mission for sun and soot. You start the day with your coat of cream and apricot…
I sometimes catch you in your mischievousness, dashing across the rooftops. Nimble and quick as only cats can be, I cringe when I spot your tightrope walking on the parapets.
We communicate in whistles and meows. When you finally do come home weary and tired, your coat is a hazy shade of summer gray.
most days are filled with something
but today I am struggling.
you never know what will affect you, how it will affect you until it affects you.
experience a loss of life,
a very long well-lived life;
and then remember that life on the first day of spring.
thoughts are like dandelions
seeding one memory and then another
stirring a pot that has finally settled
people grieve in so many different ways
judgment solitude quiet reflection sadness regret
the living honor the dead through stories
today I wish I had the strength for the stories:
it’s who I am, what I do, it’s my language.
it’s taken me such a long time to get here, to this day
I don’t want to, cannot be derailed
I tend to the grief in my own way,
sending strength and love outward.
(c) March 2017
you cannot stay just because the people will you to.
life fulfillment goals are your own
they are equally important
and when your presence has purpose, that is gold
and when it doesn’t,
that’s when it’s time to go.
(c) March 2013
Age before beauty:
Sarcasm at its best, or
Maybe it’s more complementary for with age comes beauty. Enriched from life’s experience, steeped in the knowing of where you have been, what you are capable of, and aware of all that you have yet to accomplish…you may find beauty proceeds age and the vibrant heart keeps you young.
in seven months and
nineteen minutes from right now
i will turn forty
Abstain forty days:
alcohol, sugar, cussing
guilty pleasures, too.
Pick your deadly sin:
Nine thousand six hundred hour
detox for the soul.
Learn to sustain faith.
Moderate your suffering.
This modern thinking:
hard rules to follow
when progress, technology
want us to be “free”;
where virtual rules,
sets a precedent.
Open your heart
Think beyond the holy book.
Change it up, really.
Give til there’s nothing to give,
give back, look forward.